CONTEST ENTRY RULES
1. There are two divisions: Grades 6-8 [Junior Division] and Grades 9-12 [Senior Division] No Entry Fee.
2. Submissions must be the original work of the student. Poems that have been published and/or have won previous awards are still eligible for this contest (excluding poems that have previously won awards through the Manningham contest specifically).
3. All students in Minnesota who are attending public, parochial, home, or private schools are eligible for submission.
4. Only one entry per student is allowed.
5. The poem is to be typed or computer-generated. No handwritten copies will be accepted.
6. Complete a signed statement: This is my original work, with the student’s signature. Poems may be electronically signed, or signed and scanned, but the signature must be present.
7. No poems more than 50 lines long.
8. Please no large print, illustrations, unusual typefaces (Gothic, script, etc.) or colored fonts. Be considerate of your judges. They love to see your work, but it needs to be in the prescribed format to make their work more efficient.
PRIZES: The winners in each category will receive:
$50 for first place
$30 for second place
$20 for third place
All winners will receive a complimentary membership for the League of Minnesota Poets for that year. Winners will also be invited to attend and read their winning poem at the League’s Spring Convention. Registration will be paid for the League if attending.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the winners in both age divisions.
Nationally recognized poets judge the contest.
The top ten poems selected at the Minnesota state level will be submitted to the National Manningham Contest; where they will have the opportunity to receive publication at the national level and earn cash prizes.
Poems selected at the state level will be published in the Moccasin Members Publication.